When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Darla (Red Hornet)...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Okay, good news. By sheer chance I found the DIY brake strap and mom as usual was right, it was where I left it last night. Boy did I need sleep.

That's on, the wheel is tightened up and I have the bolts in and used my old standby painter's tape to hold them and the braces in place while I turned the bike back over. Now I can install the rack. According to my guide picture from frank71 of his '48 the rack arms mount first and then the braces.

Frank71s 1948.jpg

Your project is coming along nicely. I have a Hornet also 1952. But not original paint. I am hoping to some day find a nice frame like yours.

I dropped a bolt on the floor somewhere and that's holding up the other side, and then I haven't found the other collar piece. Too many long nights and a messy house, have to tackle it. And three bikes in the living room is a bit much, I have no garage and the shed is already full.

I tackled that other side and have to finish attaching the rack collar and that part is done.

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

I should manually focus more, I guess that Canon is lazy.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

That's my little radio taped on for oldies and ball games! And now that I have a new cable lock that I actually have a combination for I can lock her up on her own and anywhere :)

Last edited:
Back