When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 'Pseudo Military' bike restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

longarm63

On Training Wheels
Greetings all! I'd like to share with you my first bike restoration. I was a complete and total vintage bike virgin when this thing fell into my lap, but fortunately have some minor mechanical skills, and more importantly, the compressor/blast cabinet/HVLP paint rig to pull it all off! It's as near as I can tell '41 CWC Western Flyer, and while not a 'Military' bike per se, I figured it'd do the trick for the group of history nerds I hang out with when we represent a Coast Artillery unit here on the NW Oregon coast. We have tons of photos from during the war of countless bikes being used on post at Ft. Stevens, but of course most of those were in their original livery. This poor girl was never going to be that sexy again, and OD green covers a multitude of sins, so I figured it wouldn't be a HUGE stretch to assume that some were indeed quasi-militarized and go for that look! I would love to track down a BSA para bike as well, or any Brit bike used by the Commandos as that's another impression I've recently been dragged into... veronica3.jpg

veronica6.jpg

veronica9.jpg

veronica12.jpg

veronica14.jpg

veronica17.jpg

veronica20.jpg

veronica22.jpg

Back