When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedster kickstand help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Allrounderco

I live for the CABE
I bought a Speedster with no kickstand. I would like some help in identifying the correct number part to look out for. It's a 1968 26" wheeled camelback. The frame is 17", but I think all the camelbacks were the same. Thanks to anyone who knows, or can take the time to look.

IMG_5000.JPG

I bought a Speedster with no kickstand. I would like some help in identifying the correct number part to look out for. It's a 1968 26" wheeled camelback. The frame is 17", but I think all the camelbacks were the same. Thanks to anyone who knows, or can take the time to look.

View attachment 870418
I have never seem a kickstand with a parts number.That frame should take the standard universal stand with the top plate with one center bolt.Just make sure it is for a 26" bike

Thanks so much for the universal suggestion. I'd certainly prefer to put the factory type on there, but I'm not going to start purchasing random stands to experiment, so that may be my solution.

As for the numbers, I didn't see one stamped on my '55 Corvette stand, so maybe it's something they did on later model bikes. Found a pic on the web of the stamping, up near the top bend. Incidentally, I tried the 'Vette stand on there, and it stuck out way too far and interfered with the crank rotation. Length was fine, as both are 26" wheeled bikes. I also have a post war DX with a side stand I might try this weekend.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I have several dozen different Schwinn kickstands. One list I saw indicated you would need a #350. I will check and see if I have one of those.

That would be cool. Glad to know such a list exists, and helpful people have access to it. I'm interested, if you have one you are willing to sell. If not, you've pointed me in the right direction.

A balloon or middleweight stand will not work on a lightweight frame. Here's the list I have but no mention for the 26" wheeled bikes, just 27". Not really sure if that makes any difference or not. The stands didn't get stamped on the old 50's and early/mid 60's bikes.
Partial_Kickstand_List.jpg

That's awesome - thanks for taking the time to post that up! I wouldn't even begin to know where to look for such info.

Now I would think that the 349 might be an option. It's stated for 24 or 26" lightweight, Manta Ray. My frame looks a lot like a Manta frame (although I've never seen one with 26" wheels).

After typing the above, I saw your response with the eBay link for the 350. That would be an awesome price. I'm curious about your thoughts on the 349, but I'm watching the auction you posted. When I only paid $50 for the bike, it's tough to stomach spending $25 again for the stand (what a lot of auctions ask), although it really shouldn't matter, because I love riding this thing.

Back