When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Decision made at this time to encourage owners son to get the blue bike and keep it. Yes it has the 2 speed. Don't want to part it out, can't see enough clear money for a flip and won't beat him down as they are friends. Thanks to all who replied. Rick

That sale may be reality, but proves some items that sell on ebay should not be used for value comparisons. Especially when you figure in the $110 shipping, which essentially raises the purchase price. Some may not see it that way, but whatever you have to pay to have it shipped is extra money you have tied up in that particular item. Parts values aside, as a whole its a $100 bike as it sits.
I changed my original comment to "an uneducated buyer" because they are probably a newbie with much to learn, and what I originally said sounded pretty harsh. Didn't intend it that way, but I hope they learn from this and start doing some research before buying another bike.

That one example was an extreme for sure, but I did mention that the OP should check out the sold listings and that would've given him a close value. I personally don't use the listings like that one to judge the current market but I do use those for an indication of what people "might" be willing to spend. There have been some really whacked out sell prices on eBay over the years and there was one that I will never forget. There was a listing I came across and was hell bent on buying that item because I needed it and it was something that never comes up for sale. The item was a NOS in the box 1961-62 Huret Allvit rear derailleur. After the first two days the bids were in the hundreds and way past my maximum. The winning bid after a 7 day auction was $911.
I kept tabs on this deal afterwards and it was legit, no shill bidding or bidder cancelations. A well known Japanese collector of Huret parts was the winning bidder.

Back