When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tool identification assistance

-

Gordon

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
A number of years ago I purchased a bunch of used bicycle tools. Most I was familiar with or figured them out - except this one. I'm not even sure it is a bike tool, maybe the seller was just messing with me. If anyone is familiar with this thing, please chime in. There are no markings of any kind. Thanks.
MVC-775S.JPG

MVC-776S.JPG

I'm pretty sure it is a tool for removing German Glockenlager crank arms- or could be used as one. They are pretty much hammered into place and very difficult to remove. look for "glockenlager werkstatt" and maybe something will come up.

Andrew, thanks for the response. I looked at glockenlager and I'm not convinced that is what it is for, but it gave me some insight on how it might be used. I think it is for removing cottered crank arms. After the cotter is removed, the two side screws go in the cotter holes in the arm, the rear screw levels and stabilizes the tool by resting on the crank arm and turning in the large screw forces off the arm. Sound logical?

shoo glad this mystery was solved...i thought it was a prehistoric tooth extractor for saber toothed squirrels....

-----

if you give it a good clean you may discover an ELDI marking somewhere

they employed this shade of blue paint for some of their tools at one time

-----

Back