When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Deluxe Stingray Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I posted the picture I suddenly could see the serial number on the fork. Looks like 11-6 maybe

IMG_6872.jpg

Nice arrow back there...

@oskisan / @GTs58 I was just thinking about it. The fork showing 11-6 and then the frame is a Dec 66 so it would probably have been assembled in '67 or at least been built for the '67 model year. That works for me. Thanks. The Arrow is a project I'll be working on soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Found this seat which I’m told was off of a ‘68 stingray. Polished up the hardware with some steel wool and installed it on the frame.

Quick question. Are there date codes on Schwinn S2 and S7 rims? If so where would they be located. Thanks in advance.

D5C956FB-B97D-4583-A445-4B3CA8923203.jpeg

A1A01107-C083-459E-9252-AFB8480124FB.jpeg

850F9374-B20D-4F06-8846-8870EDA0FABF.jpeg

Made some progress on this bike. Added '66 goose neck, '66 pedals, '66 S2 rim and '66 s7 rim. The tires are new Duro whitewalls. All were bought before I realized the bike frame would have been built as a '67 model. I would have bought a rear S2 Slik if I had realized it sooner.

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

Handlebars came in this morning so I put it together although I'm still missing a few parts. I borrowed a coaster brake clamp off of another stingray up and down the block. It's awesome. I haven't found any '66/'67 regular stingray handlebars so I'm using '66 fastback handlebars. They have more of the ape hanger look and look to be the same bars that are on my girl friends '67 Slik Chik.

As of now I'm waiting on fenders and coaster brake clamp to come in. I am missing a kickstand and rear reflector. I tried a '66 Fastback kickstand (at least I was told it was off a '66) but the angle was different and it didn't work.

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

Added fenders off of a '67/'68 and borrowed a coaster brake clamp. Installed the rear reflector and then went for a ride. Still missing a kickstand but the correct coaster brake clamp is on its way.
IMG_6954.jpg
IMG_6953.jpg
IMG_6955.jpg

Looking sweet! That's an inspiring build. Gonna be a special bike for sure. Thanks for taking the time to post & share the story/info.

Back