When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPS Strikes Once Again!!!@#$%^&*

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
My pair of tires came last night from UPS...or should I say TIRE.

Thankfully I was here when the UPS driver delivered it, because the box was open and one tire was missing!!! I saw the box being delivered from my Dining Room window. No doorbell ring, just drop off the opened box and run so you don't get caught. He started to drive off when I saw the box was open and only one tire was in it so I yelled for him to stop, which he did. I refused delivery, of course.

I was happy to see that the tires were arriving two days early, but again, thankfully I was home and got to the door before the driver took off. He said he noticed the box was open, and a tire was sticking out of it. He said there wasn't another tire on the truck because he looked. I was angry, and then he got annoyed saying it was no big deal because I didn't have to accept it. Well, duh!

I examined the box and it appeared that the tape was peeled back to gain access, which I showed the driver. He wrote it up that the box was refused, so I guess I'll wait to see what happens. I emailed the person I got them from (100% feedback from ebay) and he said he'll get back to me in 24 hours.

I hate to say it, but since the tape was peeled back and it was on correctly when the box was given to UPS...then apparently someone at UPS took it. Unreal.

I never ship with UPS.
I sent a very expensive porcelain CocaCola sign, packed in a wooden crate and their truck drove over the crate and damaged it. You could see the tire tread mark. It took a month to make them pay for it. It was a real hassle!
I use FedEx and have no damage, now.
I also photograph the open and closed box, for proof of package construction....

sorry to hear that. Remember it's really not the companies at fault, it's the people they hire, unless they know their people are less than professional...

I have not had any bikes or bikes stuff messed up by any delivery company. But, FedEx broke, and I mean BROKE, 23 new guitars over a 2 year period. Nothing sucks worse than ordering that new expensive guitar to see it busted when it arrives. I will only allow UPS or USPS to deliver guitars to me now.

Deb

I had UPS lose a seat I sold on ebay. They admitted they lost it. I filed a claim. They asked me to prove how much it was worth. I said here is the ebay auction where it sold for $125, and you lost it. They told me I couldn't use ebay to determine value and that I had to provide a value using different sources. After talking to several different people at UPS, all insisting that the ebay auction was not valid to determine value (even though it's a perfect example of the market) I gave up and refunded a very disappointed buyer. I loathe UPS.

furyus

Well as a 20 year UPS employee I can say I’ve seen it all. From horrible packaging to totally destroyed. I highly doubt your tire was stolen. Packages go down belts and slides ,rubbing other boxes and conyeror walls. If the tape gets pulled up then it sticks and rips off, now the box is open for contents to fall out. I’ll bet your tire is in what’s called “over goods”. The place all stuff goes when it falls out or the label is gone. Always use more than enough padding and tape and you should survive the UPS system.
With that said I always use bike flights/fedex for my bike shipping needs. Sorry to hear about your tires.

Was it insured for full sold value? I think the burden of proof is on UPS to prove otherwise, or at least provide a list of their insurance company policy and the accepted pricing resources.There must be a lawyer somewhere in this crowd who has an idea. Maybe go to some bike shops and get their opinion on value. This link seems to imply that they at least must give you $100.00 http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-insurance.html#coverage
"I feel your pain"

Back