When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I purchased this 1950 Panther frame and chainguard from Danny which started this project off. After making a rat rod out of it while I accumulated the rest of the factory correct parts, I brought it around to where it's at in the last few images. The tank is a hornless Excelsior tank that came to me needing some welds and covered in glittery black paint. I stripped it to bare metal, painted it, added decals, and then aged it just a little. The fork and rack are nearly perfect patina matches that I found on eBay. It has a little way to go still - need to swap out the Phantom stem for a correct Panther one, need patina'd fenders, and even perhaps swapping the Excelsior tank for a correct Panther tank if I can find one - but it's come a long way thus far.
F37C4C4E-768F-4029-8CFC-2F0812926FBB.jpeg

20181125_132548.jpg

DSC_0777.JPG

2 (2).jpg

5 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I am literally a black hole of bicycle parts. Or maybe more like a roach motel of bicycles and parts. Remember that commercial?....."bicycles check in, but they don't check out".

Hahaha, I remember it well. Makes me very happy to see that bike living such a good life. Great job, enjoy!

Hahaha, I remember it well. Makes me very happy to see that bike living such a good life. Great job, enjoy!

I tell all my friends this - just keep checking my local obituary. My wife HATES clutter and she does not cling to stuff like I do. My kids are even less sentimental about possessions than she is. If you see I kicked it, be the first one here to ask for the green Panther. She'll get rid of it all. That being said, I'm a relatively young man and am in very good health. So hopefully your wait will be a long one.

Back