When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Sidewinder 5 speed

-

hm.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought a stripped ladies 1980 cruiser frame about a year ago when the seller asked me if I wanted a free bike frame.

Turns out the frame was 1982 Sidewinder 10 speed. Pretty much missing everything.. and that seems to be a lot of hard to find or pricey stuff for this year!

The chrome bmx handlebars, chrome fork, flashy gold anodized aluminum rims, calipers and the rest.. all gone! Im sure it was parted to build a nice klunker..lol
sidewinder frame1.jpg

sidewinder frame 2.jpg

It does have a cool local bike shop sticker though..

.. reading up a little here and there on these bikes, looking at pictures and ads. Quite a few things missing on this one..hmmm maybe collect the missing stuff slowly..

I think the 5 spd. is the best riding version by far!, to bad someone robbed the seat but the rest looks in great condition, probable owned by a old man that didn't thrash it and put a more comfortable seat.

Last edited:
Yes! I just wanted to try out the 10 speed version since ive never owned a 10 speed but this 5 speed rips!

The original owner was about 10 years older than me, guessing around mid fifties or so. He said he has the owners manual with some other paperwork and the receipt from the schwinn shop when he bought it new. I noticed the seat after I got the bike home.. will have to ask him about that when I hear back from him on the paperwork.

Last edited:
Just spoke with the original owner of the bike, he said nothing was changed out since he bought it new from the schwinn shop. I have no reason to doubt him on that. Maybe switched out or robbed by someone working at the shop..who knows?? There are some numbers on the bottom of the seat ? and a 82 date stamp on the seat post.
schwinn side 99 (2).jpg

schwinn side 99 (1).jpg

schwinn side 99 (3).jpg

schwinn side 99.jpg

Back