When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘51 Phantom parts specs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BillyBayou

On Training Wheels
What are the specs for the front and rear axles for the phantom? My threads are boogered up and would like to replace.
Also, how available are the parts? NOS?

Thanks in advance
Billy

I might have replacement parts....post pics of the hubs when you can

This is the only pic I have right now. I can get better shots on Friday.

38E09F23-6D09-4834-8931-2FCBD9A16D77.jpeg

I'd try running a tap on them first to clean them up. Either way parts are common but changing out rear axle can be a challenge without specialized tools. V/r Shawn

I'd try running a tap on them first to clean them up. Either way parts are common but changing out rear axle can be a challenge without specialized tools. V/r Shawn
Yes, that will be my first attempt. I’m just looking for a backup plan if that doesn’t work.

Thank you!

Yes, that will be my first attempt. I’m just looking for a backup plan if that doesn’t work.

Thank you!
First of all, You would be using a DIE, NOT A TAP. Secondly,Dont use a DIE!! They remove too much steel. Get yourself a THREAD FILE. They are available @ any industrial tool supply. Use it before trying to remove the nuts and the cones.... BTW,the front axle should be 5/16"-24 TPI or M8X1.0 The rear should be 3/8"-24TPI...Probably a good idea to get yourself a set of thread pitch gauges and a cheapo digital caliper while your getting the thread file(s). You'll save yourself lots of time and learn lots about your bikes and related hardware.

Last edited:
First of all, You would be using a DIE, NOT A TAP. Secondly,Dont use a DIE!! They remove too much steel. Get yourself a THREAD FILE. They are available @ any industrial tool supply. Use it before trying to remove the nuts and the cones.... BTW,the front axle should be 5/16"-24 TPI or M8X1.0 The rear should be 3/8"-24TPI...Probably a good idea to get yourself a set of thread pitch gauges and a cheapo digital caliper while your getting the thread file(s). You'll save yourself lots of time and learn lots about your bikes and related hardware.
Thank you for the information. I have a thread file with 24 pitch that I’ll definitely try first. I’ve not seen the threads myself, the bike shop in Houston that packed it for shipping called me and said they were pretty boogered up. Hopefully I can restore them easily. If not, I need to look into replacing. My father was a machinist. I knew I should have paid more attention. Haha

Thanks again,
Billy

My bad--not enough coffee! I guess it depends on the condition. I've used a die on the ends to clean it up but I agree that if its screwed up where axle nuts or cones are you probably need to be careful and try the file first. V/r Shawn

Back