When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘53 Monark Silver King Rocket pricing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
What’s a good ballpark price on this 1956 Monark Silver King Rocket?

48d5b3be9f5843e3e410276fa803bf9b.jpg

a33344afb78335517c8a99fc69bf91cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bike is correct. Just not a 56. Single springers were fairly common on the Rockets, and the the pedestal light is what should have been on this particular model. The bike is 48- 52, don't remember exact year at the moment, and is a desirable Rocket! I'd be interested in it if you do sell. I do question seat though.

The bike is correct. Just not a 56. Single springers were fairly common on the Rockets, and the the pedestal light is what should have been on this particular model. The bike is 48- 52, don't remember exact year at the moment, and is a desirable Rocket! I'd be interested in it if you do sell. I do question seat though.

Fixed it. It’s a ‘53. All original except for the tires.
Model 4260D
Serial: A1665321

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you end up with the bike? We would all like to know and if not can I buy it thanks

Yeah, I bought it. I’m doing my homework before listing it. I put out a few feelers and now my FB Messenger is going crazy. It’s overwhelming actually. I want to learn its history and what makes it valuable.

It’s like hot rods. Everyone has seen a Chevelle SS and they go for a range of prices. You try to put a price on something obscure as this and all bets are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Josh, I PMed you some pricing info the other day on your FB. Here is a little more info I have been able to find out on these bikes since finding mine a little over a year ago.

I started keeping a registry of all the known Rocket Deluxe Bikes I have been able to find. Yours makes number 9 and is by my standards the 2nd nicest and most original one to date. From what I can tell, and have been told, this "Deluxe" version of the standard Monark Rocket that includes the metal tank shrouds was only made in 1953. Or at least of the 9 I have found all are from '53. The main characteristic that set this bike apart from the basic Rocket is the tank shrouds. The single springer fork is also a unique point, but the single springer was also used on other Monark Rockets, and Airman bikes over the years (I have 7 bikes w/ single springers). So far as I can tell they were offered in only 2 color options, the Monark Green/Sea Green like yours & mine, and Black & Red version. They also did a girls version, of which I only know of 2. and one is only a tank, but they do also feature the shrouds. They seem to have been 2 tone blue or black & yellow. They were also sold and badged as a Super Chief. One last note is all the Rockets seem to be Model # 4260, but some have the letter C or D after the model number, and the Super Chief's were model # 67 258.

I have wanted to start a seperate Registry thread showing and listing the bikes I know of with pictures, and hopefully others will add more.

Last edited:
Back