When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘53 Monark Silver King Rocket pricing

-

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
What’s a good ballpark price on this 1956 Monark Silver King Rocket?

48d5b3be9f5843e3e410276fa803bf9b.jpg

a33344afb78335517c8a99fc69bf91cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bike is correct. Just not a 56. Single springers were fairly common on the Rockets, and the the pedestal light is what should have been on this particular model. The bike is 48- 52, don't remember exact year at the moment, and is a desirable Rocket! I'd be interested in it if you do sell. I do question seat though.

The bike is correct. Just not a 56. Single springers were fairly common on the Rockets, and the the pedestal light is what should have been on this particular model. The bike is 48- 52, don't remember exact year at the moment, and is a desirable Rocket! I'd be interested in it if you do sell. I do question seat though.

Fixed it. It’s a ‘53. All original except for the tires.
Model 4260D
Serial: A1665321

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you end up with the bike? We would all like to know and if not can I buy it thanks

Yeah, I bought it. I’m doing my homework before listing it. I put out a few feelers and now my FB Messenger is going crazy. It’s overwhelming actually. I want to learn its history and what makes it valuable.

It’s like hot rods. Everyone has seen a Chevelle SS and they go for a range of prices. You try to put a price on something obscure as this and all bets are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Josh, I PMed you some pricing info the other day on your FB. Here is a little more info I have been able to find out on these bikes since finding mine a little over a year ago.

I started keeping a registry of all the known Rocket Deluxe Bikes I have been able to find. Yours makes number 9 and is by my standards the 2nd nicest and most original one to date. From what I can tell, and have been told, this "Deluxe" version of the standard Monark Rocket that includes the metal tank shrouds was only made in 1953. Or at least of the 9 I have found all are from '53. The main characteristic that set this bike apart from the basic Rocket is the tank shrouds. The single springer fork is also a unique point, but the single springer was also used on other Monark Rockets, and Airman bikes over the years (I have 7 bikes w/ single springers). So far as I can tell they were offered in only 2 color options, the Monark Green/Sea Green like yours & mine, and Black & Red version. They also did a girls version, of which I only know of 2. and one is only a tank, but they do also feature the shrouds. They seem to have been 2 tone blue or black & yellow. They were also sold and badged as a Super Chief. One last note is all the Rockets seem to be Model # 4260, but some have the letter C or D after the model number, and the Super Chief's were model # 67 258.

I have wanted to start a seperate Registry thread showing and listing the bikes I know of with pictures, and hopefully others will add more.

Last edited:
Back