When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘53 Monark Silver King Rocket pricing

-
Actually the owner says he is really just cleaning the bike and trying to repair the light back to original condition. His approach is not to destroy the originality of the bike. I believe a good detailing cleaning will make the bike more attractivve to buyers especially if you are trying to wring top $$$ out of it. Regarding value; as we know rarity doesn't necessarily equal value. My statement about postwar bikes holds water if you look at how many bikes actually sell for more than $2k vs. the number of bikes offered. V/r Shawn

The gentleman's comment was 'most deluxe postwar bikes will never see the high side of $2k.' Pretty accurate, unless you modify it to fit your narrative. Makes me wonder if you work for CNN or MSNBC.
I suppose the key word is "most" and I agree with that. Value is something that is agreed at between a seller and a buyer ONLY on a personal one on one basis, not a benchmark or precedent.

Look at Barrett Jackson ( and others) car auctions. Now that is REALLY laughable. Whoever has the deepest pockets and the biggest ego walks away with a true market price? Do those prices state the TRUE market value of those cars? Sorry...I digress.

When any hobby or market becomes all about money then it's no longer a hobby but an investment. My jobs at CNN and MSNBC have qualified me to make these observations, ( ha!!) but it's only one man's opinion. If you are interested in reading a great article from a really qualified writer/Aaron Robinson on values and auctions, read this one posted in the Hagerty motorsport magazine MAY/JUNE. https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/06/12/classic-cars-as-assets-missing-the-point

If I hear nothing but dollar values when someone is talking passionate about any hobby, I tend to be turned off. The passion is really about money. Therefore I'll step away from this posted thread.

My next step was to take some better quality pictures. However, it’s going to look hokey without a complete light. Value creation is everything. Also, it’s a roller, not a rider. The kickstand rubs against the tire. A simple fix but I’d like to see how it rides. I’d do a restoration however someone pointed out that I’d risk harming the pinstripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leave it ALONE!! Adjust the kick stand and ride it like it is. Razin. P.S. Please don't restore a SURVIVOR Bike. It will just ruin it.

I bought my first car in the seventies for $50.00. Now days you can't hardly buy an old bike for tiwce that price. Oh well. Ride on. Razin.
I suppose the key word is "most" and I agree with that. Value is something that is agreed at between a seller and a buyer ONLY on a personal one on one basis, not a benchmark or precedent.

Look at Barrett Jackson ( and others) car auctions. Now that is REALLY laughable. Whoever has the deepest pockets and the biggest ego walks away with a true market price? Do those prices state the TRUE market value of those cars? Sorry...I digress.

When any hobby or market becomes all about money then it's no longer a hobby but an investment. My jobs at CNN and MSNBC have qualified me to make these observations, ( ha!!) but it's only one man's opinion. If you are interested in reading a great article from a really qualified writer/Aaron Robinson on values and auctions, read this one posted in the Hagerty motorsport magazine MAY/JUNE. https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/06/12/classic-cars-as-assets-missing-the-point

If I hear nothing but dollar values when someone is talking passionate about any hobby, I tend to be turned off. The passion is really about money. Therefore I'll step away from this posted thread.
I totally AGREE!! Way to many money GRUBBERS in the hobby now days. It should be like it was back in the 80's. Razin.

Now that’s it’s cleaned and tuned up and having ridden it I’m having second thoughts on selling it. How often do you come upon a well preserved original Silver King?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back