When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘53 Monark Silver King Rocket pricing

-
I am missing something. Please educate me. Silverking? It's a Rocket. I know Silverking is a proud old Monark name but this?

I am missing something. Please educate me. Silverking? It's a Rocket. I know Silverking is a proud old Monark name but this?

Generally speaking the "Rocket" was a lower tier model in the Monark line-up. These bikes seem to be something of an anomaly in that regard. @twinflight was this model officially called the "Deluxe Rocket"? Any original literature for this model? V/r Shawn

Generally speaking the "Rocket" was a lower tier model in the Monark line-up. These bikes seem to be something of an anomaly in that regard. @twinflight was this model officially called the "Deluxe Rocket"? Any original literature for this model? V/r Shawn

Yes, Deluxe Rocket. There’s very little on it. I’ve spent hours looking for info and history. There are many Rockets out there but they lack the chrome on the tank.

FWIW, I’ve withdrawn the sale. It’s just too cool to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I am ignorant about a lot of things but never heard of a '50's Monark bike called a Silverking. I had several Monarks, Rockets, and Firestone versions. Still have boys and girls 20" Super Cruisers. Never have seen this tank with the shrouds, i guess they are rare. Wondering what the price difference was between top of line Monark and top of line Rocket. Styling is obviously a difference. The current asking price on this is what? Or is this an appraisal thread?

Appraisal thread. There has never been a sale of a Deluxe Rocket on eBay. The only sale i know of was on here some time ago. I was initially going to sell it but I’ve since changed my mind. The cool factor is too great to give up.

As Freqman1 mentioned there’s a difference between rare and desirable when determining value. About the only way to see what something this rare is worth is to put it up for auction.

Thanks everyone. I am ignorant about a lot of things but never heard of a '50's Monark bike called a Silverking. I had several Monarks, Rockets, and Firestone versions. Still have boys and girls 20" Super Cruisers. Never have seen this tank with the shrouds, i guess they are rare. Wondering what the price difference was between top of line Monark and top of line Rocket. Styling is obviously a difference. The current asking price on this is what? Or is this an appraisal thread?

The name of the company was Monark Silver King Co. Inc. Many of there early bikes were made of aluminum and were called "Silver Kings". The so called 'Hex Tube' (Model 41) officially was referred to as a Silver King. The difference between the post war Super Deluxe (or its variants) and the Rocket was equipment such as seat, pedals, rack, etc... V/r Shawn

Now that’s it’s cleaned and tuned up and having ridden it I’m having second thoughts on selling it. How often do you come upon a well preserved original Silver King?

That's totally up to you. You should probably just sell it if you can find a big enough SUCKER to pay up!!

The name of the company was Monark Silver King Co. Inc. Many of there early bikes were made of aluminum and were called "Silver Kings". The so called 'Hex Tube' (Model 41) officially was referred to as a Silver King. The difference between the post war Super Deluxe (or its variants) and the Rocket was equipment such as seat, pedals, rack, etc... V/r Shawn
Thank you. I have and do own, post war Monarks, Rockets, and Firestones. Had a couple of aluminum Silver Kings which looking back did nothing for me personally. the Rockets I owned were the single springer rather than the base model. I was just curious to know what was the incentive to buy a top of the line Rocket over a top of the line Monark (Super Deluxe). Price? Or just the retail outlets that were offering bikes? Monark Super Deluxe is a Firestone Super Cruiser. Simpler times with simpler decisions to make. My other question about the purpose of the original thread was answered. Appraisal. List it here on CABE or through it into E-bay. If it sells and gets paid for that is the value.

Back