When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘65 Spaceliner-pricing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
This custom ‘65 Spaceliner has been on sale for 9 months and priced at $750. With Spring two weeks away I’m debating whether I should be patient with current pricing and sell locally, drop the price or roll the dice with eBay. I’ve only had one person show any interest.

bd4af9bfda255d7337a25fd5b99984c0.jpg

0c24ccc9fa618cadb58d26b2e5bc4abf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about your area, but in the Boston market that's a really tough sell, especially at that price. It looks great, but collectors want something rare, high end, a boy's bike, or a cheap project and the rest want a sports accessory bike or just something newer and lighter with modern brakes and gearing and things they probably don't even know enough to know they'd be missing, like a stiff frame and seamless tubing. I think most regular people see something like this and think it's really nice looking, but it's like a 1930s Packard where they admire it, but few would actually want to own it or would even know what to do with it. I'm sure many of them would agree $750 doesn't sound unreasonable, but probably none of them would pay it themselves, which leads to the question of whether it's actually worth that much after all (I had a 260Z years ago that fits this example, so it's a lesson I learned personally).

Duchess, valid points. It’s a tough sell with collectors because the tank isn’t original and all the things you mentioned. I took it to a swap meet a month ago and got lots of “ooos” and “aaahhs” and many compliments.

What I may do next is go outside the box. I’m investing in a Hero 7 and will expand my YouTube channel to include bike projects, trails rides and maybe even how-to videos. More exposure and brand recognition of my startup called Cranky Chain Cycles. I’ve made a descent amount off of fixing up Schwinn lightweights so that could be my angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always the TRM conversion tank for those, if you wanted to go that route. Here's my '64 for reference:

1552582252662.png

Duchess, please give our best to The Dirtwater Fox

I had to look that up—never heard of that one. Damn, I also didn't realize how much the last girlfriend resembled 70s Goldie Hawn. Seeing as I half expected to be woken up by her at knife point, I remain quite happy that she's an ex.

Back