When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘92 Paramount value

-

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
There’s a ‘92 Paramount PDG Series 3 FS that I’m debating. The bike is in a city that I have a short business trip to. The seller is asking $300. eBay ads for similar models are all over the place. It has Shimano RX100 components.

My plan is to negotiate on price, take it to a LBS and then ship it home via UPS Ground (I get shipping discounts so shipping isn’t a big deal). I know this is Japanese built. I’ll clean and tune it up, put new rubber on it and sell. I’m a sucker for blue.

Am I wasting my time and money? I know the later model Paramounts aren’t as valuable.

79e2b9000ac7490f4bcaa502d30dbf6f.jpg

a6e648e11b5520b56bf7ebf97714a9ae.jpg

2f2cf9a5e6c3fa38ecbb3041ec7980b3.jpg

d9715fd7e7360aba19b332365ef27ba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the geese is in the right park. Last one I saw sell was at $300 so depends on how much you can negotiate off and how much you need to make. Probably depends on where you are. I'm taking a Series 5 to AA and will be asking $325. These are really nice bikes but I think they were done a disservice by using the Paramount name.

010 (Medium).JPG

They are still a pretty good quality steel frame bike. At $300 I don't believe it's unreasonable but definitely on the high side, probably $250 tops, depending upon condition of the components upon inspection, maybe you can get for less... (plus the right wheels today can cost hundreds of $$$).

Well, crap. I was hoping it was a case of someone trying to offload quickly. Since it’s nothing special it’s not worth it. Even if I got it for $200 I’d still need to pay another $100 for shipping and new tires. It sure is pretty though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a guy at our local Frankenbike meet asking a crazy $1100 for one, not that it sold.
The components are nothing special, decent frame, but it's not Waterford, and you can find better frames for less.

I've sold one of these in the past for $250 and I see them pop up from anywhere from $200 to $300 in good condition.

Back