When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found ‘95 Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser Front Fender

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nope, The 'Cruiser deluxe', I've posted and made reference and links a few times when Schwinn made the announcements, Jan-feb 1996 that also described the Deluxe being made at the same time. They're not simply leftover Phantom frames, they're planned. Yet after or around 1998/9 it seems Deluxe Cruisers became moreover, leftover frames due to lack of sales of the high priced Phantoms. Yet that's hard to verify as nobody has posted badges, that I know of, beyond 1997. Not gonna repeat same data over and over, look up the articles on web from 1996. BP was made 1995, released around December 95 but news wasn't broadcast until early 96.

With the Deluxe 7, U no get a centennial Phantom paint scheme and frame. [wink] And, not too sure but, I don't think front fender is 3.25" wide too. If it is until say' 2001 then Cool beans. Maybe even that junk BP 2020 has em too. B/C, 1. only replacement for the Deluxe cruiser and 2. the only fender that was re-popped and wide enough that fits the posts 55 too 59 Phantoms. con = made for plastic screw on light, no light bucket .

Even Dan (bicyclebones) has never seen 55-59 for 'New Style 'springer reproduction Phantom front fender

Neither of your babbeling posts make any sense!

My (1994 dated) 1995 Schwinn catalog has 4 pages dedicated to the 1995 Phantom bike

Neither of your babbeling posts make any sense!

My (1994 dated) 1995 Schwinn catalog has 4 pages dedicated to the 1995 Phantom bike

View attachment 1445933

View attachment 1445934

Indeed, printed in 1994 yet I linked news reports that, as of late, you have to subscribe NY times to read it. claiming that the Phantom wasn't issued until late 1995. Catalogs are not always accurate.

That Payboy's Heffner and comedian Jerry Signified bought one, wasn't in any news or publishing until 1996.

LA Times press has article published Jan 1996 and Schwinn comments say the Cruiser Deluxe was offered "Around $450" Quoted from this article
"
Noting that the company is privately held, and so, doesnt release sales
figures, Bagni said, the first year, we lost a lot. The second, we broke
even and the third year, were going to make a little bit.
For the nostalgic customer who lacks the deep pockets to purchase a Black
Phantom, the company markets a Deluxe Cruiser for about $450.

"

Schwinn's Catalogs do not published it until name was changed too 'Deluxe Cruiser Seven' in 2000. Yet the catalog has two versions, one has the Centennial frame, on boys but not girl. The other Boy and girl version in the same Catalog has China frames and not Phantom paint scheme..

2000_56.jpg

2000_cr04.JPG

I have a 97, red headlight cover and Dan, (eBay: bicyclebones) some years ago when he and I discussed these, had a 96 black cover who, had the opinion; '96's are black cover and 97's are red' with original whitewall tires that the Phantoms had/have. .

Schwinn's Catalog included the Phantoms in 1999 but has no coverage of the Cruiser Deluxe Seven until 2000 and without white walls. .

That's where your delusions of "All Cruiser Deluxe with Phantom Centennial frames are left-overs' started; Late comers rumor.

I also discovered the rumors (edit: [and thought it was the case]) until a few years ago when I ran across the news articles. Put 2+2 together, Dan had 96 and me 97.

Years ago U could find coverage and full description of the Cruiser Deluxe (No 'Seven' or '7' in the name) in bike sites that covered most all types of modern bicycles and years but have up-dated so, you can hardly find them except in sites like this. Sites based on Rumor verses fact. And so, potentially there's a 1995 Centennial framed Cruiser Deluxe waiting to be found too. These are way harder to find made in any year.

And for what it has and original price tag '$450' vs 3 grand, an fully up-dated Black Phantom, they're are an awesome choice for the bicyclist who enjoys riding bikes verses just looking at em on display.
Edited [Black cover; 96, Red; 97. ]

Last edited:
Indeed, printed in 1994 yet I linked news reports that, as of late, you have to subscribe NY times to read it. claiming that the Phantom wasn't issued until late 1995. Catalogs are not always accurate.

That Payboy's Heffner and comedian Jerry Signified bought one, wasn't in any news or publishing until 1996.

LA Times press has article published Jan 1996 and Schwinn comments say the Cruiser Deluxe was offered "Around $450" Quoted from this article
"
Noting that the company is privately held, and so, doesnt release sales
figures, Bagni said, the first year, we lost a lot. The second, we broke
even and the third year, were going to make a little bit.
For the nostalgic customer who lacks the deep pockets to purchase a Black
Phantom, the company markets a Deluxe Cruiser for about $450.

"

Schwinn's Catalogs do not published it until name was changed too 'Deluxe Cruiser Seven' in 2000. Yet the catalog has two versions, one has the Centennial frame, on boys but not girl. The other Boy and girl version in the same Catalog has China frames and not Phantom paint scheme..

2000_56.jpg

2000_cr04.JPG

I have a 97, black headlight cover and Dan, (eBay: bicyclebones) some years ago when he and I discussed these, had a 96 Red cover who, had the opinion; '96's are black cover and 97's are red' with original whitewall tires that the Phantoms had/have. .

Schwinn's Catalog included the Phantoms in 1999 but has no coverage of the Cruiser Deluxe Seven until 2000 and without white walls. .

That's where your delusions of "All Deluxe Cruiser with Phantom centennial frames are left-overs' started; Late comers rumor.

I also discovered the rumors until a few years ago when I ran across the news articles. Put 2+2 together, Dan had 96 and me 97.

Years ago U could find coverage and full description of the Cruiser Deluxe (No 'Seven' or '7' in the name) in bike sites but have up-dated so, you can hardly find them except in sites like this. Sites based on Rumor verses fact. And so, potentially there's a 1995 Centennial framed Cruiser Deluxe waiting to be found too. These are way harder to find made in any year.

Schwinn did offer a Cruiser Deluxe" in 96, but it is a completly different bike than the 2000 Deluxe Cruiser 7.

Schwinn did offer a Cruiser Deluxe" in 96, but it is a completly different bike than the 2000 Deluxe Cruiser 7.

View attachment 1449040

Yup, I have that 'Anniversary edition' too but, that's not the topic, except to say: Schwinn's name game; every since they started this 1990's 'Deluxe' and all versions/names of Cruisers thing; Cruiser 3, Cruiser Three, Deluxe this that and every thing else in the middle, 4, 6, 7, and Four, Six, Seven. Deluxe Cruiser, Cruiser Deluxe, Anniversary Deluxe and in reverse, plus all parts to mix it. I can't keep up with them all, including today, is frigen messed up. I am thinking that; The Bolder crew got that "Home grown" 'Rocky mountain high', too frequently. And PC/Dorel are following suite, with every other freaken name combo, just to mess wit people's head. . 🥴

BTW' speaking of such, U said: "2000 Deluxe Cruiser 7." which It not, It is an 'Cruiser Deluxe Seven' . Try to keep up. 😀

Last edited:
Back