When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Pig Bikes”?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
needing a bracket like the one Schwinn had to convert frames to caliper brakes,
Harder to come by then you think, if you find more then one I would take one as well. I'm a bit confused are you building a 20 inch bike? Isn't that springer the 26 inch version bobcycle was selling? I do not think that will work on a 20". Are you planning on trying to bend those tiller bars? I have a set without chrome that i would sell you so you do not have to use those. I was not sure of what types of finish you are looking for.

The 26" forks will need some modifications to work on a 20" frame...couple more inches of threads cut and a spacer between the top race and collar. PM me if you need threads cut. I'll dig out my tiller bars and take a picture next to a set of butterfly bars....but I think they're considerably shorter, and trust me, an original set is not economically feasible compared to a set of butterfly(stingray) bars...not to mention, I cringe at the thought of bending steel tube from the 30s, for structural reasons and rarity's sake. There is somebody popping the tiller bars out now at a cheaper price without chrome. May be able to track that guy down and get him to modify you a new set..? I don't know who it is, but probably the same person making the airflow bars.

The 26" forks will need some modifications to work on a 20" frame...couple more inches of threads cut and a spacer between the top race and collar. PM me if you need threads cut. I'll dig out my tiller bars and take a picture next to a set of butterfly bars....but I think they're considerably shorter, and trust me, an original set is not economically feasible compared to a set of butterfly(stingray) bars...not to mention, I cringe at the thought of bending steel tube from the 30s, for structural reasons and rarity's sake. There is somebody popping the tiller bars out now at a cheaper price without chrome. May be able to track that guy down and get him to modify you a new set..? I don't know who it is, but probably the same person making the airflow bars.
Yes my tillers are recent production

Harder to come by then you think, if you find more then one I would take one as well. I'm a bit confused are you building a 20 inch bike? Isn't that springer the 26 inch version bobcycle was selling? I do not think that will work on a 20". Are you planning on trying to bend those tiller bars? I have a set without chrome that i would sell you so you do not have to use those. I was not sure of what types of finish you are looking for.
Yes, 20" bike. It is intended almost as a "What if" Pig Bike.
My motto is everything will work if you try and you do not fear death.
It is the fork bobcycles had, I bought it last night, also bought the seat. This means now I have to clean the frame without harming the silkscreening so it looks good enough for all the nice parts.
If the stem length is off I will do what I did as a dumb kid with a death wish. Spacers ducktape and bailing wire will fix anything.
I do not have either set of bars, those are there to throw a couple ideas on the bike as well as the origins of Stingray handlebars.
The bars are a possibility only, and already bent/damaged.
As for finish, chrome was actually the intention, to go with the fork and planned headlamps I do not yet have.

I do not plan to modify them, it was a comparison to some Stingray bars for purposes or discussing the origins of Stingray handlebars.
I would not bend them either, sometimes I cringe at the thought of modifying these old bikes but this one will probably not be missed too much I hope, and no frame mods will be done. No extra holes even.

I do not plan to modify them, it was a comparison to some Stingray bars for purposes or discussing the origins of Stingray handlebars.
I would not bend them either, sometimes I cringe at the thought of modifying these old bikes but this one will probably not be missed too much I hope, and no frame mods will be done. No extra holes even.
Once I get the forks I will PM if I need to do that.
Thanks for the advice and concerns from all involved but I am not planning any irreversible mods. I treasure old parts and bikes. I don't even like the Rat Rod Bike or Lowrider formats because of the damage that is done to the bikes that cannot be repaired.

I really like the bike looking forward to seeing where you go with it. One thing is for sure you can't go wrong Good luck
Thanks, man. This was on the burner so far back it would take a week for the burner to ignite after I turn the knob on.
However due to the discussion here it has now peddled itself to the forefront and is singlehandedly blocking access to all the other burners.
To put this in perspective:
I once bought an aluminum intake and built a car for it to go on.
I always start at the center of the maze.
I have enough knowledge to be dangerous and barely enough common sense to stay alive using it.

Once I get the forks I will PM if I need to do that.
Thanks for the advice and concerns from all involved but I am not planning any irreversible mods. I treasure old parts and bikes. I don't even like the Rat Rod Bike or Lowrider formats because of the damage that is done to the bikes that cannot be repaired.
No harm, no foul man!
I'm curious of different handlebar looks too...and of what initial phases the stingray went through before it became THE Stingray.

One thing is for sure you can't go wrong Good luck
Thus is the beauty of the P.I.G.!

Thanks, man. This was on the burner so far back it would take a week for the burner to ignite after I turn the knob on.
However due to the discussion here it has now peddled itself to the forefront and is singlehandedly blocking access to all the other burners.
To put this in perspective:
I once bought an aluminum intake and built a car for it to go on.
I always start at the center of the maze.
I have enough knowledge to be dangerous and barely enough common sense to stay alive using it.
@Hoagie57 has a set of early bars for sale on ebay. The chrome leaves a lot to be desired but they are what they are.

Back