When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Pig Bikes”?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes it is a 20" frame. It is tighter than a ducks butt (that's watertight) but I stood on my right dropout and gently pulled up on the left until i had just enough clearance for it to slide in and out nicely. Didnt take much clearancing and you will not beat up your paint every time the wheel needs to come off.

The Drum brake is the only way to go without adding a bunch of adapter stuff to the frame to put caliper brakes on it. Properly adjusted drums stop better as well. And they look cool.

You can get front drum brakes as well.
Rob

I see what you are checking out! After I drew up my plan for this bike I saw this guys bikes. They are cool and ose to what I am doing but with 20" lightweight front wheel and lots of details.

I would be happy to check that for you but I believe they were all available in 26",24" and 20" models. the 1962 Typhoon and the Tornado bikes for sure.

The 24" and 26" bikes had options like tanks, 2 speed hubs, etc that the 20" models didnt get. (Until the Stingray that is).

A good way to find all the Schwinn catalogs online is linked below. I am happy to look these up for you but it is easier to get copies from there if you are there yourself. Almost all the Schwinn catalogs are there.

Thanks, yes, I saw those catalogs and noticed most of those bikes came in all three sizes or at least in 24" and 26". I just wasn't sure if any of the bikes in this thread were actually the larger frames on 20" wheels. Being new to this size bicycle I am not clued in on how to tell exceprt for the visual clarance of the tire, and as you know perception can vary from frame to frame, or whether it has a different size tire or has fendors. Thanks again for your insight.

You will know the 20" frame when you see it. They are the same size as the short frame Stingray. I will look at your frame photo and see if I can point out any differences later today.

These all were 20" bikes. Thanks for asking...
To clarify, I think the guy was asking about the twin straight bar frames being offered in all 3 sizes. (Some had semi arched twin bars...)
This one is 26" and I still consider it a P.I.G. lol but I imagine most P.I.G.s were 20".
IMG_20220317_1436068.jpg

So… im terrible and keeping up to date with posts… so here is a fast recap with pictures of my newest project. 20” 1955 Schwinn, as seen earlier was able to steal the fork for my green/ivory PIG project. This left me with a frame that had zero good original paint left after I oven cleanered the frame… SO! What do you do but spend too much money, go full custom, and get super specific with details where less than 1% of the population would even give a SH&$/!

This is a post war frame with a post war paint scheme but prewar colors. Cobalt blue and light blue. Aftermarket springer fork that I stripped and painted the fork arms to look more “correct.”

Painted to match S2 wheels with the double blue. This bike will have a bendix aviation 2 speed when all said and done.

My biggest hurdle right now is a chainguard… I have one but it’s beat up and not salvageable.. it’s painted to match just to hold me over until I locate one in better shape..(if anyone has one for sale I’d love to see some pics, looking to spend 30-45 shipped)

Okay I think I covered it all! ENJOY!

C932C26E-1B27-43B1-B481-85A35041314E.jpeg

441FEDD8-96CA-4717-9B2E-1792E2C157C2.jpeg

0689495A-97FB-45F8-A9C0-E465FA54AB5E.jpeg

D06AA4FB-21F5-4939-AC60-3745EF4EBF4A.jpeg

69FE1403-33A9-4DDD-8521-6896C0715D37.jpeg

69BC1BFA-47FF-4A7D-899E-9AED4E42070F.jpeg

4DD5E58F-855F-4A5B-A92A-7019F00ED8D7.jpeg

Back