When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Pig Bikes”?

-
What are the handle bars off of? They look pretty COOOL on your Half Pig bike.. RideOn...
Off of what I believe was a Huffy Bandit BMX.
I came across the bars by themselves.
1000001076.jpg

Glad I found this thread, was debating what to do with this bike that's been in the family since the '60s. I have most of the original parts. It is a May 1961 Tornado, seems to be a one year only with this frame. I was going to paint it coppertone as I really like that color but after seeing all these great 'Pigs" I may just repaint it black, leave the chain guard original and go with a white polo seat and leave the '64 stingray bars on it we installed as kids. Or paint the frame coppertone and leave the fork and chain guard black. Maybe even keep the white S2 rims (or are they S7?) and put a slick on the back if they make it for those rims. It is a 24" version so I think it will still look pretty neat with the stingray look. Was wondering what it would take to put a smaller wheel on the front. If the back is 24" I could go to a 20" or 16" and still get that Krate look as well without going all the way down to a 12" - just thinking out loud - probaly need a diffrent fork then correct?. Thanks for the inspiration.

View attachment 1620349
Cool frame. 24” Pig Bikes are cool! I like the black touch up idea. If you do a small front wheel you could use a Schwinn fork from a 10 speed ((27” wheel bike) that came in a small size. That way it would fit the short head tube of your frame. Or just re thread any ole fork from a 26 or 27 inch bike. A nerdy bike shop can do the threading for you. 24” Schwinns from this era have S7 rims. So no fat tire options. It’s easy to find a 24” rear wheel with and S2 size these days due to how many Wal Mart bikes come in 24”. Some of them even have 28 hole rims so you could swap your original Bendix over. Keep us posted.

Made a few changes/additions to El Chancho. I was goin for more of a pre-stingray concept, so I replaced my early stingray butterflies for these awesome reverse tiller bars I got from Scott (sm2501). I also swapped out the knuckle gooseneck for an early stingray one, they ride, feel and look a lot better imo. And after a long search I finally found a 20” front truss rod and some 20” nos typhoon cords I had been looking for forever. She’s a dream come true!
75877CD2-76B9-45FC-8337-CFC6D1E4625D.jpeg
5C5533F5-E092-4D58-8C2B-DA89D9794DDF.jpeg

0C274D85-66F9-41CA-A09D-921676765FB6.jpeg

Made a few changes/additions to El Chancho. I was goin for more of a pre-stingray concept, so I replaced my early stingray butterflies for these awesome reverse tiller bars I got from Scott (sm2501). I also swapped out the knuckle gooseneck for an early stingray one, they ride, feel and look a lot better imo. And after a long search I finally found a 20” front truss rod and some 20” nos typhoon cords I had been looking for forever. She’s a dream come true!
View attachment 1741494View attachment 1741495

View attachment 1741485
I would name that one Lucy

Back