When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1955 numbers were on the left drop-out. Any serial under the bottom bracket was before 1952, unless you've seen something I haven't.
I’ll have to confirm mine at home. I don’t argue your point at all, but there is no “R” until 1955 according to our lists here on the forum. He could pull the crank, but even that’s a 50/50 shot on it having a date. Come to think of it, were the cranks dated in these years? I’m having a brain fart having been more involved with the prewar stuff in the last few years.

I’ll have to confirm mine at home. I don’t argue your point at all, but there is no “R” until 1955 according to our lists here on the forum. He could pull the crank, but even that’s a 50/50 shot on it having a date. Come to think of it, were the cranks dated in these years? I’m having a brain fart having been more involved with the prewar stuff in the last few years.
I've got a New World with a "U" serial under the bottom bracket and a '49 dated hub and it doesn't appear on the list either. From some of @GTs58's posts, there was a lot going on at Schwinn when they were ramping production back up after the war and trying to get the "electroforging" process straightened out. Keeping the serial numbers in a rational order doesn't seem to have been the first priority.

I've got a New World with a "U" serial under the bottom bracket and a '49 dated hub and it doesn't appear on the list either. From some of @GTs58's posts, there was a lot going on at Schwinn when they were ramping production back up after the war and trying to get the "electroforging" process straightened out. Keeping the serial numbers in a rational order doesn't seem to have been the first priority.
100% agree with that. I’ll also mention, when you look at that stamped serial, it does oddly look like a prewar stamping circa 1937. Size, shape and closeness of the digits. Obviously it’s not a prewar, but it looks most unusual based on my post war experience.

Back