When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The prewar truss is shorter than a post war truss. A small diameter truss was used until 1948 I believe. So 1945-1948 small diameter is longer and can be sourced from either a mens or woman’s bike. I measured my 40 from the axle to the top of the top bearings thumb nut and it was 21” did the same on my 48 and it was 21 7/8”. If you’re using a blade style front forks you should be able to make the longer narrow truss work on a prewar. If you’re using the tubular fork with the truss arms then you’ll need the correct set.

image.jpg

The prewar truss is shorter than a post war truss. A small diameter truss was used until 1948 I believe. So 1945-1948 small diameter is longer and can be sourced from either a mens or woman’s bike. I measured my 40 from the axle to the top of the top bearings thumb nut and it was 21” did the same on my 48 and it was 21 7/8”. If you’re using a blade style front forks you should be able to make the longer narrow truss work on a prewar. If you’re using the tubular fork with the truss arms then you’ll need the correct set.

View attachment 1780432

Truss rods for a locking fork are longer than ones for a non locking fork also.

Last edited:
Back