eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Howdy, good evening. What is a full blown EF bottom bracket? Thank you. Barry
Where the bottom bracket shell construction is electro forged and then the chain stays, down tube and seat tube are EF to the bottom bracket.

Reactions: barnyguey

Blackbomber

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 23, 2018
Unionville, CT
E.F.? Electro forged? I worked in foundrys for years and that's a new one on me.
This was a manufacturing process specific to Schwinn frames of a certain era. I’m probably going to botch this, but essentially they are connecting the tubing by creating an arc between one positively charged tube, and one negatively charged one, versus fillet brazing, which was the standard at the time.

Reactions: razinhellcustomz
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Beads

Finally riding a big boys bike
Aug 15, 2017
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
WE only live once, or so they say!!!
Is this an O.G. paint or a repaint? Any way I still like your bike. I'm dealing on a twin bar. Hope to have it by the end the wek. Enjoy the ride. Razin.
The previous owner said it was original paint with re-pop grips, tires and tubes. I will enjoy the ride Razin...and will replace the grips once I confirm the correct ones(ball end or oval script).

Reactions: razinhellcustomz

Oilit

Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
This was a manufacturing process specific to Schwinn frames of a certain era. I’m probably going to botch this, but essentially they are connecting the tubing by creating an arc between one positively charged tube, and one negatively charged one, versus fillet brazing, which was the standard at the time.
Anybody who wants to know more about this, Marc S. Muller's article "Inside the Varsity" (On the Sheldon Brown/Harris Cyclery web site) gives an in-depth explanation. It's a well written article, worth a read.
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/varsity.html

Reactions: Blackbomber

razinhellcustomz

I live for the CABE
May 28, 2018
kiel wisconsin
The previous owner said it was original paint with re-pop grips, tires and tubes. I will enjoy the ride Razin...and will replace the grips once I confirm the correct ones(ball end or oval script).
I wanna say coke bottle grips, but i could be wrong. Good luck finding the right ones. Or should i say the ones that work for you.

razinhellcustomz

I live for the CABE
May 28, 2018
kiel wisconsin
I have a spitfire with an identical paint job. So is this a early 50's model or is this an older one? Good looking bike. I wish mine had the springer front. I really like the way they ride and handle. What is your asking price? Thanks and Ride On. Razin.

Cooper S.

Aug 28, 2016
New Lenox Illinois
I have a spitfire with an identical paint job. So is this a early 50's model or is this an older one? Good looking bike. I wish mine had the springer front. I really like the way they ride and handle. What is your asking price? Thanks and Ride On. Razin.
It’s a 1941 and you can find more photos and information in the for sale posting on the complete bikes for sale section

Beads

Finally riding a big boys bike
Aug 15, 2017
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
WE only live once, or so they say!!!
Is this an O.G. paint or a repaint? Any way I still like your bike. I'm dealing on a twin bar. Hope to have it by the end the wek. Enjoy the ride. Razin.
Razin,
It was sold to me as an original and looks correct to me. I have replaced the re-poped grips.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!