When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

-
Finished this one not to long ago, might sell it at the end of summer
1C9D8141-CD2A-4912-AF6C-FE71F7FD3295.png

I believe most of the original paint is gone too. It is going to end up Black and cream. I have a '47' in the same predicament that is going to turn out green and white.

Got a 1946 DX; but need to get an update photo maybe tomorrow? My daily driver!View attachment 993150
Due to rain, getting home from work late, it took a couple days to get up-date photos. BUT First: check out this 2015 thread, where I announced I had bought a DX. BEFORE Photos or as received photos are @ post 10 in the following thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1946-dx-unequipped-have-chain-guard.84029/

The blue and white paint is all original, cleaned once in 2015. The most important reason for saving OG paint are the decals on both fender chevrons of the 'Little Squirt' blonde-haired fellow on a 'soap-box' flanked by a bottle of Squirt soda that was almost as tall as he was. This was an advertising campaign and brand symbol introduced in 1946. In the 1950s, I was collecting as many decals as I could find; Phillips 66 were my favorite. Most neighborhood bikes had decals/stickers. The Original rims were refinished, so they would not perish. Chrome and other plating were refinished. i.e. the infamous pencil kick-stand. The original stem was broken; and a very good CABER from Monrovia, CA. found me an exact replacement. It has a period/model correct Messinger seat; restored by @rustjunkie . Correct grips were found @ a weekend show. Note Schwinn's post war use of war time hubs, hardware. @REC places this bike as an early (first 1/4) 1946 serial no.

The promised photos:
1 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

2 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

3 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

4 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

I have a late 40's- early 50's with an identical paint job as yours that i bought from a farm sale in Ripon Wisconsin last summer. I built it up with chrome fenders and wheels. I have never seen a peoria king head badge like yours. Very nice bike. Enjoy. Razin.

Back