When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

-
I picked this one up last weekend. The serial number is B34044 so that makes it 1946, I think. If I'm wrong, let me know! The seat top is so cracked I couldn't read the embossed stamp, but with a digital camera it's no problem. Technology is great, sometimes!

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2823_Cropped.jpg

IMG_2824.JPG

So how much did this one set you back? Looks pretty solid and sweet ride. Enjoy. Razin.
I won it off Ebay, with 3 other Schwinns sold as a group. Total was $185.00, but this was the best of the bunch. The others were a 1957 Spitfire with rim brakes mounted on the front, a 1972 Breeze and a 1961 American women's version. The Spitfire and Breeze are in about the same shape as the DX, the American is pretty far gone. And then I had to drive to Ohio to pick them up. But I'm happy with the deal.

I picked this one up last weekend. The serial number is B34044 so that makes it 1946, I think. If I'm wrong, let me know! The seat top is so cracked I couldn't read the embossed stamp, but with a digital camera it's no problem. Technology is great, sometimes!

View attachment 995220

View attachment 995221

View attachment 995222

View attachment 995223

View attachment 995224

View attachment 995225
Really nice score with large potential! @REC has compiled data on these mid to late 1940s serial numbers.... he can help you place your find in the correct time.... Really nice badge! This bike has moved from it's origin!

Back