When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

-
WE only live once, or so they say!!!
Is this an O.G. paint or a repaint? Any way I still like your bike. I'm dealing on a twin bar. Hope to have it by the end the wek. Enjoy the ride. Razin.
The previous owner said it was original paint with re-pop grips, tires and tubes. I will enjoy the ride Razin...and will replace the grips once I confirm the correct ones(ball end or oval script).

This was a manufacturing process specific to Schwinn frames of a certain era. I’m probably going to botch this, but essentially they are connecting the tubing by creating an arc between one positively charged tube, and one negatively charged one, versus fillet brazing, which was the standard at the time.
Anybody who wants to know more about this, Marc S. Muller's article "Inside the Varsity" (On the Sheldon Brown/Harris Cyclery web site) gives an in-depth explanation. It's a well written article, worth a read.
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/varsity.html

The previous owner said it was original paint with re-pop grips, tires and tubes. I will enjoy the ride Razin...and will replace the grips once I confirm the correct ones(ball end or oval script).
I wanna say coke bottle grips, but i could be wrong. Good luck finding the right ones. Or should i say the ones that work for you.

My la sale dx is all together now and also for sale
57ED6961-F778-482F-A6FA-81C4063482B0.jpeg

6432DEF5-B1E6-42D0-928C-18117DA05B46.jpeg

I have a spitfire with an identical paint job. So is this a early 50's model or is this an older one? Good looking bike. I wish mine had the springer front. I really like the way they ride and handle. What is your asking price? Thanks and Ride On. Razin.

I have a spitfire with an identical paint job. So is this a early 50's model or is this an older one? Good looking bike. I wish mine had the springer front. I really like the way they ride and handle. What is your asking price? Thanks and Ride On. Razin.
It’s a 1941 and you can find more photos and information in the for sale posting on the complete bikes for sale section

WE only live once, or so they say!!!
Is this an O.G. paint or a repaint? Any way I still like your bike. I'm dealing on a twin bar. Hope to have it by the end the wek. Enjoy the ride. Razin.
Razin,
It was sold to me as an original and looks correct to me. I have replaced the re-poped grips.

Back