When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Just finished mine. I bought it from the son of a 91 yearly gentlemen that has had it since the mid 1950s. I have worked hard ot get it done so he cna see it again soon.

I chose to tear it all down and go through it becuase the frame had been broken and welded poorly, the rear stays were bent, the fork was bent, the fenders bashed in and repainted the spears with brush and roller, and I always wanted a new old bike. All the parts are original except the seat, pedals, and grips. All the other parts were replated and repainted.

Our CABE friends straightened the fork for it and rolled the fenders straight. I bought the stencils frrm the guy who offers them on ebay and they were tough to remove but worked well. I bought a nice TS-2 truing stand and got the wheels back amazingly straight.

A local Southern California pin striper redid the chain guard and forks and fender stripes for me. i did the rims and they are not as good as they were when new but they look hand-done and that was my goal.

The paint is shinier than i thought it would be but it is good paint and was applied with a very good HVLP gun. The color combination is pretty stunning.

View attachment 1329125

View attachment 1329126

View attachment 1329127

View attachment 1329128

View attachment 1329129

View attachment 1329130

View attachment 1329131

View attachment 1329132

View attachment 1329133

View attachment 1329134

View attachment 1329135
This old DX really looks AMAZING. I like the green with the white paint job. So what year is the bike? Thanks for sharing and RideOn. Razin.

Thanks Razin, frame serial number indicates it was built 10-17 to the 20th, 1952. And available info indicates it was a D-12 Meteor. Love to see a true catalog that indicates this and shows more details.

Last edited:
put some fenders on my DX today.... it's like a whole different person now.

Back