When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just finished mine. I bought it from the son of a 91 year old gentleman that has had it since the mid-1950s. I have worked hard to get it done so he can see it again soon.

I chose to tear it all down and go through it because the frame had been broken and welded poorly, the rear stays were bent, the fork was bent, the fenders bent in and repainted poorly (with a brush), and besides, I always wanted a new old bike.

All the parts are original except the seat, pedals, and grips. All the other parts were replated and repainted. I cleaned and rejuvenated each of the original spokes and nipples so they could be reused.

Our CABE friend Nate straightened the fork and Jeff rolled the fenders straight. I bought the stencils from the guy who offers them on ebay. They were tough to remove but worked well. I bought a nice TS-2 truing stand (thanks Wes) and got the wheels back amazingly straight.

A local Southern California pin striper located here in Lee's Summit (Bob Bond) did the chain guard and forks and fender stripes for me. i did the rims and although they are not as good as they were when new, they look hand-done and that was my goal.

The paint is shinier than i thought it would be but it is good paint and was applied with a very good HVLP gun. The color combination is pretty stunning.

View attachment 1329125

View attachment 1329126

View attachment 1329127

View attachment 1329128

View attachment 1329129

View attachment 1329130

View attachment 1329131

View attachment 1329132

View attachment 1329133

View attachment 1329134

View attachment 1329135
were bent
DX thread, not a DX, looks like a straight bar to me!. Here’s a 41 DX Henderson

Last edited:
After chasing these for 2 months I finally sealed the deal I’m in love if anyone can tell me the years that would b awesome they belonged to the ladies husband and he had them before they met he died 6 months ago or so and was a huge cyclist she told me he had cycled in every state and that he started the New Year’s Day ride for the wheelman must have been a awesome guy rip

BB083AC2-D338-423A-AE32-E1CE44CE1F4C.jpeg

46ABFE29-43DE-4BD5-93B2-DECC83159610.jpeg

9637F77F-01D4-4A24-A1D3-43C57A4FBACB.jpeg

After chasing these for 2 months I finally sealed the deal I’m in love if anyone can tell me the years that would b awesome they belonged to the ladies husband and he had them before they met he died 6 months ago or so and was a huge cyclist she told me he had cycled in every state and that he started the New Year’s Day ride for the wheelman must have been a awesome guy rip

View attachment 1347014

View attachment 1347015

View attachment 1347016
Early post-war. According to the Schwinn Serial Number Reference Thread, "F097262" would be May 23, 1949. The "E" serials started with 5 digit numbers in 1948 before they went to six, maybe the "F" serials in '49 did too. Those two are in really nice shape!

Back