When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced =☆ Early Stingray Ape Hangers☆=

-
Dang those are tall! Doubt but few know, back in the day, afor sting-rays, on a black middle weight, like my 63 black hornet, they were the cat's meow.

I found my 63 in a flea market about 20 years ago, and grabbed it just b/c of memories in late 50's early 60's, them ape hangers were the boss. Bad A, mean, tough boy riders. And at that time it had been IDK, like 30 years since I'd owned Apes so, it wasn't like I knew what's what by then. Cept still knew what original Schwinn bars were/are.

Yet ya makes me wonder, were my bars pre-stingray like I've always thought? Are yours 14 inches tall while mine are only 12-ish from top of bar to top? I count 30 inside bars across and 31-3/4 with grips fit tight outer edges. So, would be about 31" without.

And or, Schwinn was selling even taller, 2 sizes, back in the day, maybe mine are stings too?

Regardless I aint changing mine, just cause they still ride and look Bad A.. on a plain white wheels, or poorboy style, part of the Bad A appeal back then, James dean, jeans and folded up cuffs, etc. (I got 2-3 chrome wheel sets but, aint gonna change) black hornet with fenders today. [grin]

Last edited:
Back