When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

⚠️ Warning!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Prepping a bike for this weekend's Oside ride and thought Id lube a dry chain, this could have been deadly!
034CDD8B-2FE9-4E47-80C3-6DD336072E57.jpeg

This is why, if it's practical and not a violation of authenticity, all bikes should have a hand brake, preferably on the front wheel. I lost a chain once on a coater brake. I was going slow, but it still caused a little burst of adrenaline when I pedaled backwards and the crank just spun.

Chains reach an end-of-life just as tires, tubes, and brake pads do. A properly maintained chain takes much longer to reach that phase than something like tires, but eventually even the properly maintained chains get there with enough use. If the chain rusts, it gets to the end faster. I don't run many original chains on my bikes - only a couple of them have the original chains still. There are a few methods for checking chain wear and when to replace.

Back