When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1,200 Boys Donald Duck! Ebay!

-

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
If you study the pictures it looks like they have it priced at: $1,049 on their tag. Why isn't there any paint wear on the duck's beak, touched up, replaced? Phillips screws? It just looks like a greener banana compared to the rest of the bike.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Phillips screws are correct, but they stand out so I used slotted ones on a restoration I did.

Here's a few quick pics of my own. The seller was a super guy responsible for the online sales at a consignment store mostly filled with generic antiques and garage sale items. They had no specific knowledge of the bike, but knew "it was special". The bike had been on their regular showroom floor for over two years, priced at $1049.00. His $1200 ebay price was just an attempt at clearing the same final price after fees.
I see no evidence that anything has been off this bike since new, much less replaced. It has some cosmetic issues that will prevent it from cleaning up perfectly, but my plans are for just a good cleaning and some wax. I'm hoping I have some period correct 20" tires in my stash, but if not that will be my only additional expense before Don finds a prominent display spot in the garage.
65a2b2482b92dacf06a2a63ea6de1b13.jpg
d80d1618a38f9921ba2e4518819e2fe0.jpg
b3bda90a2bd19b2e6fdc856c77e6e543.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back