When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$10 Schwinn: good deal to fix and flip or naw?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good if you want one to give to a relative or something but even polished and fixed to mint condition it’s maybe $150, and the time it takes to get it there is well more than 15 hours. Always consider your time. You only get so much of it in life.
Well I'm not worried about time right now. It's the cost of parts (specifically, getting a set of 24" wheels) that concerns me.

So in short you’re not looking to sell it?
Well I'd like to, as I need the cash right now and I'm not having luck finding or landing a good job right now. This is a bike I could easily not get attached to, and the parts I'd have to give up to fix it wouldn't be anything I'd miss at the moment. That said, if it's not worth buying to sell, I've still got other bikes I'm building for myself that could use the parts off this bike.

I'd run screaming away into the night, especially for a 24" bike, but any bike is an opportunity to work on your mechanic skills which always helps! For decades I've gravitated to girls's English Racers. Simple to tune and they sell themselves in a college town or a city. Redneckistan, you need to get a bike rack and move them to where they will.

View attachment 1749642

Thinking about buying this Schwinn to fix it up and resell it to make a little cash. I've got wheels and tubes, but I'd definitely need to buy tires for it. Sound like it's worth the effort, or should I just pass on it? I could use the parts either way.
You bought this bike, good for you Austin.. You can do what ever you want with this bike and 24" bikes don't always get the love they deserve.. Put it together and enjoy..Merry Chrismas... RideOn...

Back