When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 seater - 1898

-
Yet there was a minor connection.

The head badge of an Orient was made by the O'Hara Watch Face Co -

{ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Hara_Waltham_Dial_factory}

They were located in Waltham and supplied watch and clock faces to the makers of Waltham watches and clocks. Other cycles of the era used O'hara porcelain inserts as well as the makers of the Orient
Good point Glen. I live about two miles from the old O'Hara factory. It's sadly sitting derelict now. Years of dumping old metals associated with making enamel badges(arsenic,lead and possibly antimony)on the grounds has contaminated the ground around it making the clean up extremely expensive for the future owners, and so it sits. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places but I fear it will fall down before it is preserved.

Here ya go .. 1899

Untitled 2.png

No - I do have the original full page ad though that filmonger originally posted if that's what you want to see. Maybe something is in there. I have to search for it if you need it.
I just thought it might be interesting to see what the local press made of it, I'm sure that it would have garnered interest wherever it was shown.
Thanks @corbettclassics , it would be great to see the whole, original ad.

Back