When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 Speeds with Fenders

-
While I have all the fenders in the shop out...
If anyone has any requests, let me know. We have A lot of plastic, alum and steel. Stock and aftermarket. A couple sets of perfect Schwinn 26 and 27". A couple colors of aftermarket, a couple original paint etc.
Many middleweight and heavyweight. No more stingray right now.
I'll go through them this week and post some in the for sale thread

I was going to put fenders on my ex-roadbike/Italian rat-rod... honest I was...

but then I noticed I could hardly get my finger between the tire and the seatpost, I actually have to deflate the tire to remove the wheel. So I’d have to make a choice between having a rear fender or a rear wheel.

oh well. I guess I can have one without fenders.

but just one.

Yeah, that’s a purpose built racer.
The top of the line around town bikes, were built with the same quality as the pure racing models, except they usually had brazed on eyelets for the fender braces and a bit more room between the rear wheel and the seat tube, to accommodate the fender.
That’s pretty much the dead giveaway that the bike was built for the discerning general public, as opposed to a purpose built racing bike.

The Varsity Sport had the factory option of fenders for most of the years they were produced. Guess people used these for commuters?

That Coppertone is beautiful!
What year is that?
I'm trying to remember which year used which brake lever.
I used to know, but have now forgotten.
There also seems to be some variation in the stems.
I'm referring to '64, '65, & 66.

Back