When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 year old crashed his 54 24 in. Schwinn Wasp and bent the crank. Looking for a replacement. Thank you!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Everyone has advice to fix the crank so you should be OK there, my question is how is your son the 10 yr. old, looks like a hard crash. I hope just his pride was hurt. Just fix it and ride. He should be proud of that resto, good job!!!

Everyone has advice to fix the crank so you should be OK there, my question is how is your son the 10 yr. old, looks like a hard crash. I hope just his pride was hurt. Just fix it and ride. He should be proud of that resto, good job!!!
That is so kind of you to ask. He is ok, it could have been really bad but I was very lucky but mostly his pride was hurt. Second day out and second crash went from a 20-24 kind of threw him off. He is a little discouraged but he was more concerned about his grip splitting. I showed him what you said about the job he did and it gave him the biggest smile….Thank you!!! Had to add the pictures, proud dad.

If the arm does snap off you’re not out anything it was still a bent junk crank

if it doesn’t work and none of the other guys work out I have a girls 24 inch I really don’t want to take it apart for the crank but I will if none of the other options work out let me know

Sooo how exactly did this crank bend like this? That is the oddest bend I have ever seen and I've seen alot of bent cranks over the years.

Sooo how exactly did this crank bend like this? That is the oddest bend I have ever seen and I've seen alot of bent cranks over the years.
Well we were racing and as we were leaving the empty parking lot he didn’t make the turn on to the sidewalk and went off the curb in to the street sideways. It appears the pedal hit causing the bend and probably saved one really scratched up leg. Honestly it was very frightening.

I made a mistake and measured once instead of twice, just took it apart and the crank arm is 5 1/2”. I apologize in advance totally my mistake.

Back