When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 Bicycles and 700 pedal cars up for auction

-
Boy....I expected more with the bike collection but the pedal cars, man! Ive never cared to wade off into the pedal car world but there are a handful in there I would certainly love to see in person.

Not sure what Mecum does. but some auctions where you have to buy a bidders # you get admission for the whole auction or if you buy something you get a portion of it back also. The last time I payed 100 for a bid number I got admission (3 days) for the auction plus a quest (wife) it was almost the same as paying admission for both of us for the three days. It also gave us seats in the bidders area. Also the nearly naked drop dead looking redhead would bring you over priced drinks.

Not sure what Mecum does. but some auctions where you have to buy a bidders # you get admission for the whole auction or if you buy something you get a portion of it back also. The last time I payed 100 for a bid number I got admission (3 days) for the auction plus a quest (wife) it was almost the same as paying admission for both of us for the three days. It also gave us seats in the bidders area. Also the nearly naked drop dead looking redhead would bring you over priced drinks.
They still do that. See post #11 however, it's now $200 for the bidder and a guest vs. $100

That was just before the Covid thing.. Inflation I quess. But I bet the redhead will still bring you even more inflated overpriced drinks

You have to remember the main business is auto related.. bikes were likely just a side thing and just something to hang on the wall.

anyone at the auction, how about the better pedal planes did they go high. I'd like to know what 269 brought lil jim pedal plane...thanks

I sold Elmer this one about 10-12 years ago for 2000.
Curious to see what it does...

el1566-1-1657402995295.jpg

Lot W9

Back