When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 year old kids bike - can anyone identify?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pdx_racer

On Training Wheels
IMG_7485.JPG
This bike belong to my 86 year old neighbor who gave it to me before he passed 12-15 years ago. It was his first bike that he had as a small child and he kept it his entire life. I would love to get some more information on it if anyone is familiar with the manufacturer, model name, etc.

IMG_7484.JPG

Thanks,
Rob
Portland, Oregon

Is there a hole pattern or even an outline on the head tube where a badge may have been attached? A small detail like that could help narrow down the manufacturer. Pretty neat that the gentleman kept his childhood bicycle for nearly his entire life.

Dave

I’d shoot for 1930-33
Colson fairy
EArlier 1927-29 used rear strap frame style incorporating tube on front head , upper lower portions
Lugging and chainring look pretty textbook
Also tall wishbone rear stays and smaller to scale front wheel swooped fork combo
Always looked a little off to me ( wrong wheel , bent missing something)
Only a opinion here , always fond of the juvenile collection

mark

99EBEB14-87A7-4346-A2FB-6BB28D11C48D.jpeg

8AC21876-41B7-45CC-9DCD-651DFDAC0810.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d shoot for 1930-33
Colson fairy
EArlier 1927-29 used rear strap frame style incorporating tube on front head , upper lower portions
Also tall wishbone rear stays and smaller to scale front wheel swooped fork combo
I’d shoot for 1930-33
Colson fairy
Always looked a little off to me ( wrong wheel , bent missing something)
Only a opinion here , always fond of the juvenile collection

mark

View attachment 1683125

View attachment 1683126
Thanks Mark, Do you think the different wheel sizes were standard for this bike or were they swapped out at a later point?

View attachment 1683126T

My hunch by the long axle bolt sticking out past Nut pretty extensively on front wheel
Is that front wheel had been replaced at one point

mark

My hunch by the long axle bolt sticking out past Nut pretty extensively on front wheel
Is that front wheel had been replaced at one point

mark
Any advice on where/how to start on a restoration or preservation project on this. What's the first step to deal with the surface rust on the frame?

Back