When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$16 bike day...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TimothyNelson

Finally riding a big boys bike
Removed some parts, the vintage seat and metal pedals....going to sell as is, think I should be able to get my $16 back?!

Screenshot_20230910-185526.png

Yup, bars are cool. I'd find a use for the Zefal pump and strap on bottle cage, too. Heck, I'd pay $16 just for a set of usable 27" tires so I can finish this boomer Puch I have, and get it out of my life.

It actually came with the curved bars on it but with those it was totally unrideable for my height so I put the bars on it that you see, then I cut some of the black foam that was wrapped all around the old handlebars and made the ones you see.

Now, it's actually rideable for someone that's 5'11!

Those sure looked like they had more rise than a tourist bar. Are they the Schwinn 7881 or whatever the number is that Schwinn used on the 70's lightweights?

If you are going to "sell a bike", at least make it safe for someone to ride.
Put the brake levers on that work with the handle bars, or put the handle bars on that work with those brake levers. If it's safe to ride, you could double your selling price. It's a easy $40 Saturday morning sale.

It's only a 20" frame size, the smallest frame size offered for most lightweight models (some 17" were offered). It was never meant for a 5' 11" rider.

John

Back