When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1800 3 wheel thing ?

-

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
Any ideas what this would be called so I can research it?
It is supposed to be for a kid

5BDDF367-2E0C-4543-8B91-659BAD7DE77A.png

Velocipede that’s the word I was looking for lol would u pay $250 for it that’s what I can get it for ?
$250 is a very fair price. I have seen these go for prices all over the map. Probably easily worth $350 to many buyers. I have seen them sell for as much as $600 at auction due to a bidding war but you may have trouble getting that as a private sale. The adult ones are worth quite a bit more but the child versions are somewhat plentiful and therefore not as valuable.

These are also known as "governess tricycles," because the tiller can be turned around and pulled by an adult. They were used for girls since they featured a bench seat, not a saddle, providing modesty for a dress. They typically bring around $300 in an informed market like Copake, but I've seen them go for all different prices where buyers hadn't seen one before. I think most were made by Gendron Wheel Co. of Toledo, OH, but I could be wrong about that.

2006, July, Canada, Crystal Lake 144.jpg

Last edited:
Back