When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1877 Coventry Machinists Co. 52” Roadster

-
Cabe rubber for the tyres(it's an English bike) is measured in Penny nickel quarter size---or some such size in relation to coins. Ask the wheelmen I'm sure one of them know. That would make it easer matching the rim to the correct coin as a gauge .

Thanks, but instead of re-tiring the CMCI decided to bust my 50” Columbia out of the Museum and replace it with the CMC.

The consensus is that the original petrified rubber should be left in place. Part of this reasoning is that it is slightly tall for my stubby legs so there’s not much sense in changing it’s originality just so that I can nervously ride it a few times. Its next caretaker can replace the tiring, especially if they are taller than I am.
I installed new tiring and saddle leather on the Columbia a few years ago so I am looking forward to getting it back and riding it again!

Back