When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1889 Cross Frame Solid Tire Safety

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

SMO Biker

On Training Wheels
I volunteer in the Collections Department of Science Museum Oklahoma and I joined The CABE in December 2016 because I was assigned to research and update the text on our bicycle collection. Well...that was put on hold for awhile and just got resurrected. The title of this thread is the name of one bicycle I didn't get done before the "hold". The man who donated the bicycles seems to think that we could find some info about the bike by researching the sprocket, as it is the original. The project manager has done some research but hasn't found anything and asked if I would ask the experts - you all! I've enclosed the three pictures from our files. I'll appreciate any help you can give me on this antique bike.
IMG_9888.jpeg
IMG_9885.jpeg
IMG_9885.jpeg
IMG_9885.jpeg
IMG_9886.jpeg

You may have already found your answer from this older post.
I sold one with that same sprocket and chain design many years ago and I'm thinking it was a JUNO made by the Western Wheel Works, Chicago, Illinois.
Did you all notice the eccentric on the split/clampable crank bearing bracket for chain tension adjustment since the rear axle is mounted in a fixed position?
Mike Cates, CA.

Last edited:
Back