When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1889 Elmira NY Cyclers Permit $150.00

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$150.00 Shipped CONUS only, PP/FF or add
Zipcode

Rusty McNickel

I live for the CABE
Dec. 30, 1889 Elmira, NY, Cyclers Permit No. 64 issued to F.W. Rutan by the mayor whose signature I can not decifer. Paper in good condition with some creases and soiling. With the exception of the tear on one end, the fold is very stable and appears to have be stored flat for many of it's years.
Fred W. Rutan 1864-1939
I believe the mayor is Charles Gurnsny or close to that.

PM to purchase.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Charles S. Davison​
D​
1888–1892​

Rutan, Fred W., carpenter and builder, 515 W Fourth, h do

View attachment 1453063
Thanks for the great resources, loco!

Seems like I like to do everything the hard way. It never occurred to me to do an Elmira wiki search for the mayor. I tried a couple searches on Ancestry but gave up.

And then there's Fred, RIP. It comes to no surprise, and one can't deny, he has the devil in his eyes.

I did research him on Ancestry, and in the end decided to let sleeping dogs lie after observing he left his wife and seven children in Delaware to jet...or train off to Florida with a women twenty years his junior and start another family. But there it is, in public record for all to see. Who knows how things may have played out?

Thanks for the Family search link. I just joined after using the site for Fred. I've been on Ancestry for a few years chipping away at the tree, and finding a few skeletons along the way too. Family Search at a glance seems a much more user friendly and thorough site, easily bringing up info that did not come up on Ancestry for a 3greatgrandfather and Philly watchmaker for example. AND it's FREE, or at least appears to be as I must admit to not reading the user agreement. For all I know I am now a member of the church and sending them money!

Cheers!

Back