When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1890s Alvah up dated pictures

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
Can you take a picture on the side of the head badge looks like some writing but I can't make it out.

Thanks - Mike

Lovely bike :)
This Sears Acme Queen from 1898 is very similar, maybe the Alvah could be a year or two older?
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1898-sears-acme-queen.42344/

I completely agree, 1897-1899 would be a more appropriate year for this Alvah Roebuck bike based on everything that I see. Truly a beautiful example but much later construction than anything built by any manufacturer in 1890. Regardless of what his documentation says I do not see anything that confirms the year such as a bill of sale of even a catalog page showing this bicycle is from 1890.

I have a very similarly well preserved Montgomery Wards example from 1899 and I do have the sales documentation and catalog for that bicycle and it has far more in common with this Alvah Roebuck bicycle than my 1891 Columbia woman's bike.

Hello if you read that letter that was with the bike from here daughter I believe she mentioned her mom had it in 1890 and 1891 .but lets just say its a 1890s style bike .

Hello if you read that letter that was with the bike from here daughter I believe she mentioned her mom had it in 1890 and 1891 .but lets just say its a 1890s style bike .

I did read the letter. This Alvah is not a 1890 and 1891 bike but rather at least 5 or more years later. So no disrespect but her daughter's relocation is incorrect. The mother must have ridden a different bike in 1890 and 1891 because this Alvah had not been produced yet.

Last edited:
Cool and thank you . you know more then us for sure then about these bikes ,just going off what we had ,no catalog I guess till 1894 .So again just going off of what paper work we had with the bike. Thank you for all your bike information .I changed the heading to 1890s bike so more correct .Take care Terry and Tammy

I would have to say for the bike being 125 to 129 years old,I have never seen one this well preserved ever in my time of bike collecting of any make , it could possibly fetch more at the rite auction,nothing really to compare it to

Wanted to add a few more pictures of Head Badge
IMG_7143.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

Back