When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold ~ 1890's handlebars ~ Narrower Size ~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

willswares1220

I live for the CABE
> $50.00 shipped <

( Back up for sale )

These smaller bars are straight and in very good condition overall.
They appear to have been restored in "chrome plating" at one time and have light wear and tear ( a couple of very small dents, some plating wear and light pitting ) as shown. They have now gained their own patina from use since then.
The bicycle I took these bars off of had a smaller diameter mounting sleeve at the head tube so there had been a brass bushing "pinned" up the center to fit that smaller diameter. I cut off the "brass" excess, flush to the bottom of the original stem. The bars were then plated "chrome " at that time years back.
They measure 17 - 1/4 inches wide ( from outer grip edge to edge ) x 6 - 1/2 inches deep (from the outer edge of the stem area to the outer edge of the grip area ) Stem diameter is a small fraction under 7/8 inches.

( PM's answered )

Port Washington, WI 53074

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG

Last edited:
What are these Handel bars off of ? They look like the same set on a tandem that I’m trying to identify? Thanks for any info I can use to figure out what I have. Kenny

I'm not sure. They're fixed, so somewhere in the 1890's. Because they're small, possibly a Ladies or child's bicycle or for use on a tandem would be acceptable ( Lady in the front )
There was such a variety of options available back then and so many bicycle manufacturers. A person's options are open.....

Last edited:
Back