When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1890s Racer? My New Toy!! How You Like It??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In the same catalog, the number 9 is the mens version of the 10. The 97 catalog also features another model that they called the "Racer".

The 97 catalog also shows 2 different style forks. Your fork is different. It makes me think yours newer than 97. Your fork is like the one on my 1900 Crescent.

In the same catalog, the number 9 is the mens version of the 10. The 97 catalog also features another model that they called the "Racer".

I Had Already Figured that The Badge is Not Original; Because Crescent Numbered Ladies Models and Mens' Models Differently in 1897!!
We Need to Look for 1898, 1899. and 1900 Catalogs to Identify the Numerical Sequence They Have!!!
Mine is a Racer,,,,,Just Look at the Geometry of the Frame/Fork!! It's No Brainer!

I had a 1899 Crescent Model 15..............just a couple pics for info / comparison to yours.
Trust me - I'm not near good enough to know a Racer from a Non-Racer.........

IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

I have the 1900 catalog too, I looked in it, but with just the model number being wrong and not enough detailed photos of your bike, it does not help. Here is my 1900 Crescent

crescent-31-1.jpg

I Had Already Figured that The Badge is Not Original; Because Crescent Numbered Ladies Models and Mens' Models Differently in 1897!!
We Need to Look for 1898, 1899. and 1900 Catalogs to Identify the Numerical Sequence They Have!!!
Mine is a Racer,,,,,Just Look at the Geometry of the Frame/Fork!! It's No Brainer!

if you study the frame geometry of your bike carefully compared to the original catalogue picture posted by Giovanni in post #4, you will clearly notice that the rear triangle geometry for the real Racer is completely different from yours!
the tire is much closer to the seat tube on a real Racer, on any real Racers for that matter.

Your frame geometry is much closer to the model 15 in post #14 and #15

Hmmmm, not totally convinced that it is a racer carlitos................check out the pic that GiovanniLiCalsi posted above of a Crescent Racer and see how close the rear wheel is to the seat tube. I'm more in tune with the Ivers, not the Crescents, so I could be dead wrong here. Pete in Fitchburg

A local buddy has this thing would it be considered a “racer” because of the geometry?
Badge says model 8

6EC786B6-41AF-4418-BBA0-2C91E55B2D6D.jpeg

E2363943-3C5D-484B-AF07-0CFA439DCE73.jpeg

88EBB213-F7BB-4F1B-87B3-F39B7D9A0BD1.jpeg

Back