When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1890's Rambler from the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
CABE'er andybee75 from Sweden found this 1898 Rambler and said I could post some of the pictures from his post. Thanks, Andy! There is a likeness, but like giovanniLiCalsi said above and most likely not a genuine TOC Rambler. Movie prop directors in 1969 probably weren't so particular to get a genuine Rambler but could have cobbled together something that would be a close facsimile based on some research and look OK in the movie, which it did. It's an interesting piece of bicycle/movie history and it was fun digging into it a bit. Didn't find much of anything on the net about it, but the CABE community helped a bunch as usual!

20190817_144450.jpg

20190817_144617.jpg

20190817_144520.jpg

bearings165181897cycl_1300.jpg

article-2135865-12CC2043000005DC-768_468x479.jpg

B7824CCF-CC3E-4656-A879-E1CB2DBD5DF7.jpeg

43A85C15-327A-4796-BBD8-19ECFCDB0DD4.jpeg

Last edited:
The first bike's seat stays and top tube don't hit the seat tube together like they do in all the other photos, so it's definitely a different bike. None of these have fork crowns like G&J Ramblers. Has anyone figured out what that thing is behind and below the seat?

In the third picture you can see the footpegs for her feet attached to the bottom of the front forks.

Thanks for posting jimbo53, great story.
I think the bike is English too, looks like BSA or Williams chainring.

I rented 8 bicycles out for the ELVIS movie, for a scene with a lot of bicycles, saw the film last week and only bike in the movie was one with a rear rack passing in the background, was so short couldn’t tell if it was one of mine or not.

Back