When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1890's Tintype Photographs of Hard Tire Safety and Turn of the Century Bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dempsey

Look Ma, No Hands!
I did not intend to sell these photographs when I purchased them a couple of months ago, but a recent trip abroad has forced me to surrender part of my collection. I have several others I will put up for sale later tonight. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have

HardTireSafety.jpg

Asking $55.00 shipped for this photograph of a young man standing with a hard tire safety bicycle dating to the early 1890's. Maybe Victor or Columbia, but I am not an expert about bicycles from this era, so please do not take my word for it. The plate is lightly chipped around the edges and bent slightly down the middle, but the photograph has remained vibrantly and sharply outlined over the years. Many scratches. It measures 2 1/2 inches wide and 3 1/2 inches tall.

ShoholaGlen.jpg

Asking $50.00 shipped for this photograph of several young men standing with bicycles in a studio. This portrait dates from the mid to late 1890's. The sign in front of the men indicates that the photograph was taken in Shohola Glen, Pennsylvania, which was the site of an early American amusement park. The plate is chipped along the lower edge and there are a couple of scratches. Measures 2 1/2 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches wide.

OutdoorBicycle.jpg

Asking $25.00 shipped for this photograph of a young man standing with a pneumatic safety tire bicycle. The portrait, taken outside on an unpaved road, dates to the late 1890's to the early 1900's. The condition dictates the price with this one. The plate is heavily scratched and worn, and the edges are chipped and lightly rusted in places. When viewed straight on, most of the scratches are difficult to see, but once you turn it into the light, the defects become apparent. Measures 2 1/2 inches wide and 3 1/2 inches tall.

WomanBicycle.jpg

Asking $15.00 shipped for this photograph of a young woman standing with a pneumatic safety tire bicycle with wooden rear fender. This photograph, same as the others, dates to the late 1890's to the early 1900's. The plate is heavily scratched in places and lightly rusted around the edges. Measures 2 1/2 inches wide and 3 1/2 inches tall.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back