When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1890s TOC Ladies Richmond Model B safety bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$1,449
Zipcode

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Here's a real sweetheart of an early ladies' safety. This Richmond Model B, manufactured by the Richmond Bicycle Co. of Richmond, Indiana features all original paint and nickel throughout. I bought this bicycle for my wife to ride, but she's not keen on the direct drive and inability to freewheel. This bicycle will benefit greatly from a solid cleaning and polish as I have done neither. This bicycle is still dusty from over 100 years of storage.

When I got this bicycle, there was enough of the original skirt lacing remaining that the lacing pattern and method were clear. But because the lacing was incredibly fragile and falling away, I was quick to restring it in an identical color. The wooden fender and chain guard are both in outstanding condition. The original nickel on this bicycle is exceptional. Even the nickel screws shine bright. That said, there are a couple of small areas where the nickel has peeled away. These spots are; in front of the right grip on the handlebars (visible in picture 1), and the fork crown (visible in picture 2). The brake handle has light surface rust that will be easy to remedy. Speaking of the brake handle, the front brake mechanism below the handle is missing. And while many wheels of the era were also available without a front brake, I couldn't bring myself to remove an original, although incomplete, component from this wonderful machine. On the topic of original components, the bell appears to have been with the bike since the beginning, so I couldn't bring myself to remove that either. It is a super clean and very early New Departure bell that rings loud and clear courtesy of a small hammer (see picture 14).

The wheels are in gorgeous shape and spin fast and true. The "Plymouth" rim stamp is clearly legible on both wheels. The tires, made of closed-cell urethane foam, were manufactured by my father in the 90s as a replacement for difficult-to-source single-tube pneumatic tires. They are lightweight, rideable, and will never go flat. Both hubs are clean and feature oiler ports. the original matching pedals are straight and spin freely. The block chain is clean and free-moving. The cork grips are in fantastic shape and complete with all celluloid intact. The leather saddle is soft and comfortable although there is some splitting on the rear edges that you may want to repair.

Here's your opportunity to grab an attractive, rideable, hassle-free TOC bicycle at a solid price. Simply reassemble it upon receipt and ride it down the road. $1,449 shipped in the US. Payment via PayPal family and friends is preferred.

Please review pictures closely and message me if interested or with questions.

-Lester

P.S. Check out my other listings by clicking here: https://thecabe.com/forum/index/sell-trade-bicycle-parts-accessories-ephemera.4/?starter_id=9157

Here's a real sweetheart of an early ladies' safety. This Richmond Model B, manufactured by the Richmond Bicycle Co. of Richmond, Indiana features all original paint and nickel throughout. I bought this bicycle for my wife to ride, but she's not keen on the direct drive and inability to freewheel. This bicycle will benefit greatly from a solid cleaning and polish as I have done neither. This bicycle is still dusty from over 100 years of storage.

When I got this bicycle, there was enough of the original skirt lacing remaining that the lacing pattern and method were clear. But because the lacing was incredibly fragile and falling away, I was quick to restring it in an identical color. The wooden fender and chain guard are both in outstanding condition. The original nickel on this bicycle is exceptional. Even the nickel screws shine bright. That said, there are a couple of small areas where the nickel has peeled away. These spots are; in front of the right grip on the handlebars (visible in picture 1), and the fork crown (visible in picture 2). The brake handle has light surface rust that will be easy to remedy. Speaking of the brake handle, the front brake mechanism below the handle is missing. And while many wheels of the era were also available without a front brake, I couldn't bring myself to remove an original, although incomplete, component from this wonderful machine. On the topic of original components, the bell appears to have been with the bike since the beginning, so I couldn't bring myself to remove that either. It is a super clean and very early New Departure bell that rings loud and clear courtesy of a small hammer (see picture 14).

The wheels are in gorgeous shape and spin fast and true. The "Plymouth" rim stamp is clearly legible on both wheels. The tires, made of closed-cell urethane foam, were manufactured by my father in the 90s as a replacement for difficult-to-source single-tube pneumatic tires. They are lightweight, rideable, and will never go flat. Both hubs are clean and feature oiler ports. the original matching pedals are straight and spin freely. The block chain is clean and free-moving. The cork grips are in fantastic shape and complete with all celluloid intact. The leather saddle is soft and comfortable although there is some splitting on the rear edges that you may want to repair.

Here's your opportunity to grab an attractive, rideable, hassle-free TOC bicycle at a solid price. Simply reassemble it upon receipt and ride it down the road. $1,449 shipped in the US. Payment via PayPal family and friends is preferred.

Please review pictures closely and message me if interested or with questions.

-Lester

P.S. Check out my other listings by clicking here: https://thecabe.com/forum/index/sell-trade-bicycle-parts-accessories-ephemera.4/?starter_id=9157

View attachment 1444838

View attachment 1444839

View attachment 1444840

View attachment 1444841

View attachment 1444842

View attachment 1444843

View attachment 1444844

View attachment 1444845

View attachment 1444846

View attachment 1444847

View attachment 1444848

View attachment 1444849