When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891-1895 Pneumatic & Crusty - Can Anyone ID?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Any clues to original color inside the head tube or bottom bracket areas? V/r Shawn

Yes, black.

Lookin good, lookin good! With a bike like that, the hard part is done once you get it taken apart. Its mostly down hill and easier with restoration from this point. Keep us posted with your progress, especially when it's road ready! This is gonna be a good one when its finished.

That is fantastic! I am so glad you are going the extra mile and getting her back on the road, the right way! Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind me asking. What did it run you in cost to get those parts replated like that? I am in a similar position currently, considering having some plating done.

That is fantastic! I am so glad you are going the extra mile and getting her back on the road, the right way! Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind me asking. What did it run you in cost to get those parts replated like that? I am in a similar position currently, considering having some plating done.
Hi, sorry for the delay. No problem, it cost me $325 CDN, which at today's exchange rate works out to $230 US. This also included blasting the pedal axles (not shown). As plating shops go, this guy's very reasonable.

At the end of the project I'll post a list of all the expenses. I'm sure in the end it'll come out to more than what I could sell the bike for, but then we're not in it for the money, right?

Hi Brian
That might be a Goold Brantford. The fork crown and blades look Brantford.

I like the construction of these old frames.

but are you certain this is the original fork to the bike? looks replaced like the front rim and hub ..... past head-on collision?
the fork looks built too "heavily" for the rest of the bike's delicate construction! IMO
also the crown of the fork would hit the frame pretty quickly when turning due to the massive crown
not the type of fork construction that I would expect to match the age of this frame

Also as far as the Brantford origin, I am not certain.
i own a few Brantfords (as Dave does), and the Brantford fork is somewhat similar but the construction is finer on a true Brantford
the side profile of a Brantford fork is wide but the front profile on a Brantford fork is pretty thin
also the spacing between the two crowns of a Brantford fork is wider
the Brantford forks that I have seen also have two oval pieces on the top of the fork crown
the top crown of your fork is flat!

the plater sure laid it thick on there to hide all the pitting ..... hopefully you will be able to reassemble all the parts, especially the cranks on the sprocket center shaft.
you lost all the delicate details of the junction where the stem is welded on the handlebars! that was my favorite detail on this bike.

the rear part of the seat was probably also nickel judging from the original pictures you posted.

Last edited:
Back