When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891? 24" juvenile boys bike I.d. needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dmk441

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello Cabe, I picked up this project a few months ago on eBay. I'd first like to thank those who helped with some of additional parts, and initial analysis.
@mike cates , @ace , @New Mexico Brant , @Jesse McCauley , @bricycle , @Craig Allen , @bike , @David Brown @bikebozo . As well as others I may have forgotten to mention above. Thanks greatly, as it was vital to get it rolling and somewhat more presentable.

Back to the bike. I'm still trying to i.d. the manufacturer. I believe this project was initially found somewhere around Toledo, Ohio many many years ago from a scrap collector who spent all his life at the scrap yards looking for stuff. He brought it home, had it for forever, and after he passed, his widow had the neighbor and friend help list it on ebay. That was at least my understanding of what was told to me. I'll send a few photos of how the bike looked when I acquired it. In following posts I'll talk about some of the unique features, and then I'll follow up with some current photos from this morning.

Stay tuned, still working on getting photos loaded.

Here's how it looked when first acquired.

Screenshot_20200507-094551.png

Overall interesting notables on this bike:
1. 24" hard tire wheels. 30 hole front hub...
2. Brass spacers in the upper rear stays....
3. Interesting rear stays and rear axle tensioner adjustment.
3. Bike can be torn down, except for the top bar and seat post downtube.
4. Pedal- full size, and has other odd features.

Last edited:
Back